Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Transition

Hi Everyone! I'm back!  Don't you hate it when you take longer than you intend to return to something?  I tend to do this with projects like scrapbooking, writing cards...and blogging!  I apologize.  It's on my heart to fill you in on the last few months of my life.  The only word that describes it perfectly is TRANSITION!  Transition is exciting, challenging, tiring, elating, fun, emotional and riviting. 

By definition (I like definitions) transition means: movement, passage or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change.

Well there has been a lot of movement (literally)!  In July we moved from our home on Anthem Ridge to our new residence on Sousa Drive, which is the home of my amazing in-laws, Joe and Marion.  For a season, the Lord has planted us here and we are loving it!  In August, the tent our church was gathering in collapsed in a storm (see previous post for info on that) and we moved into a gym connected to our office building.  For four weeks we had services in the gym.  We were handed the keys to our brand new church facility on Fri, September 24th and had our first services on Sat/Sun October 2nd and 3rd.

On Sunday, September 26th Scott and I found out we are expecting our 3rd child!  This came as an absolutely amazing, wonderful surprize!  I am now 10 weeks and pregnancy symptoms are in full swing. 

I've learned that transition should be embraced rather than avoided.  Transition can be scary.  There is always the unknown, right?  Very rarely has the Lord revealed to me the end result at the beginning of the journey!  Would I embark on the journey if I knew all the bumps, mountains and potholes (in other words - obstacles) I'd encounter?  Probably not! At the beginning of 2010 the Lord spoke to me that I'd encounter some trials, however I was not to loose hope, but rather COUNT IT ALL JOY! (James 1:2-8).  I have stood on this word!  I could never have imagined some of the trials we've faced.  But in the trials I've pressed in to gain a new perspective.  The Lord has taught me some priceless lessons, deepened by faith, and delightfully caused me to walk in His joy, which has been my strength!

If you are in a season of transition, be encouraged!  The Lord is with you.  If you'll open your heart to Him and refuse to walk in fear, you will experience some amazing mountain top experiences even in what may seem like a valley. 

James 1:2-8 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.  5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.  6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.  7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man,  unstable in all his ways."

Counting It All Joy,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment